Eco Bio Turismo certifies farmhouses, Bed & Breakfasts, Hotels, Campings and Hostels.
It guarantees the protection of the environment and natural resources, the ecological management of accommodation facilities, the promotion of local culture and catering with products from organic agriculture.
The Eco Bio Turismo ICEA certification has organic agriculture as its distinctive element and applies to all the main tourist facilities : agritourism, B&B, hotels, holiday homes, camping.
The standard is organized into 5 thematic areas :
- Protection of the environment and natural resources
- Ecological management of accommodation facilities
- Promotion of local culture
- Organic catering
- Sustainable mobility
For each area the following have been defined:
- Mandatory requirements that correspond to the minimum criteria that must be observed and respected in order to be able to obtain the certification and license to use the Eco Bio Turismo brand . The possession of all the mandatory requirements allows the structure to obtain the minimum classification level of the class of merit or the attribution of a sun .
- Optional requirements that contribute to the formation of the score useful for the attribution of the class of merit, from the second to the fifth sun .
The Eco Bio Turismo ICEA brand offers visibility to certified companies through: