Organic Content Standard (OCS). Certify textile products, manufacturing activities. Enhance textile products made with natural fibers – vegetable or animal – produced and certified in accordance with the criteria of organic agriculture.
- validates the content of natural fibers from organic agriculture in textile products (both intermediate and finished);
- guarantees traceability along the entire production chain of raw materials, intermediate products and finished products.
All textile products that are composed of at least 5% of certified organic natural fibers can be certified according to the OCS standard . The following aspects do not fall within the scope of OCS , therefore they are not subject to verification :
- Quality requirements of the material
- Safety features of the material
- Environmental performance and impacts associated with production processes
- Social criteria .
The OCS standard applies to all textile manufacturing processes starting from gymnastics, followed by spinning, weaving and all subsequent ennobling processes.