LAV – Lega Anti Vivisezione, through specific controls on cosmetic (and detergent) products, qualifies and enhances commercial, business and personal policies and choices aimed at not resorting to and not increasing animal testing.
La LAV – Lega Anti Vivisezione, atogether with other European animal welfare associations, has promoted the Campaign “Stop to animal testing” to prohibit the sale of cosmetic products tested on animals.
In order to raise awareness and involve companies in the sector, the wording “Stop to animal testing” has been designed to be applied on the label and in Italy it is granted by LAV for products complying with the following requirements Humane Cosmetics Standard (HCS).
The Standard sets out criteria to avoid the increase in animal testing of cosmetics and to ensure a “cruelty-free” company policy, i.e. free from cruelty on animals.
The specification has been developed by the world’s leading animal welfare organisations, led by European Coalition Against Vivisection ECEAE.
LAV is the only Italian member of the coalition and is the only Italian party authorized to use the brand enhancing the products and companies that meet the requirements of the said standard.
LAV grants the license to use the trademark and publishes the company’s name on the specific website page only after the positive outcome of the audits carried out by ICEA.
LAV authorises the use on the label of the European Coalition trademark and/or the ‘Stop animal testing’ wording – ICEA controlled for LAV No…’.
How to certify
The certification process is divided into 5 main phases:
- Application for use of trademark, signature of the inspection regulations and information questionnaire to be sent to LAV.
- Submission of the request for control services to ICEA.
- Initial assessment of the products, that requires the verification of the appropriate declarations of conformity to the standard (Animal tests on ingredients) for all suppliers and raw materials used by the company.
- In situ inspection, by ICEA inspectors to verify the actual and exclusive use of declared raw materials and suppliers that have provided the declaration of conformity to the standard.
- Notification of the outcome of LAV audit that will grant the licence to use the trademark and publish the company’s name on the dedicated page of LAV website.
- Annual surveillance that includes regular inspections at the production units to verify the maintenance of compliance conditions.
Documents and downloadable files
[button color=”green” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.findyourwayto.it/icea/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1.-Norma-tecnica-3C.17-Controllo-LAV-–-Lega-Anti-Vivisezione-ICEA-Istituto-di-Certificazione-Etica-e-Ambientale.zip”]Technical rule[/button]
[button color=”green” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.findyourwayto.it/icea/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2.-Regolamento-di-controllo-3C.17-Controllo-LAV-–-Lega-Anti-Vivisezione-ICEA-Istituto-di-Certificazione-Etica-e-Ambientale.pdf”]Regulation[/button]
[button color=”green” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.findyourwayto.it/icea/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/3.-Questionario-informativo-3C.17-Controllo-LAV-–-Lega-Anti-Vivisezione-ICEA-Istituto-di-Certificazione-Etica-e-Ambientale.pdf”]Questionnaire[/button]
[button color=”green” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.findyourwayto.it/icea/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/4.-Dichiarazione-fornitore-3C.17-Controllo-LAV-–-Lega-Anti-Vivisezione-ICEA-Istituto-di-Certificazione-Etica-e-Ambientale.pdf”]Supplier’s statement (Italian)[/button]
[button color=”green” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.findyourwayto.it/icea/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/5.-Dichiarazione-fornitore-english-3C.17-Controllo-LAV-–-Lega-Anti-Vivisezione-ICEA-Istituto-di-Certificazione-Etica-e-Ambientale.pdf”]Supplier’s statement (English)[/button]
[button color=”yellow” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”/contatta-icea-lav-lega-antivivisezione/”]Contact us[/button]