The inspection and certification services offered by ICEA are addressed to:
- Italian companies intending to export to foreign markets (such as America, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Brazil, etc.) for which additional certifications are required with respect to the EU 834/07 certification for organic products (see list of countries below)
- Foreign firms willing to export mainly to Italy, thus supporting the development of supply chains
In fact, ICEA is recognised as certifying body, as under Regulation No. 834/07 in equivalence, in many countries such as Mexico, Ecuador, United Arab Emirates, Albania, and Ivory Coast etc…
Sectors and fields of applications
- Bio Siegel (Germany)
- IOS – Animal Husbandry
- NOP Organic Certification (United States)
- Bio Suisse (Switzerland)
- Demeter (Biodynamic farming)
- JAS Organic Certification (Japan)
- AB (France)
- Delinat (Switzerland, Germany, Austria)
- IBD (Brazil)
- KRAV (Sweden)
- Soil Association (Great Britain)
- COR Organic Certification (Canada)
Useful information for exports to extra-EU countries with the highest demand for organic products made in Italy
Argentina – there is a national organic standard. The exporting firm and the entire supply chain must be certified according to the Argentine national standard.
Australia – Regulation No. 834/07 recognised.
Brazil – there is a national organic standard. The exporting firm and the entire supply chain shall be certified according to the Brazilian national standard.
Canada – there is a national biological regulation (COR), but there is also an equivalence agreement between the EU and Canada.
China – there is a national organic regulation, certification is required under Chinese organic standard to export.
United Arab Emirates – Regulation No. 834/07 recognised.
Japan – there is a national organic regulation (JAS), certification is required to export.
Korea – Regulation No. 834/07 is recognised, but the issue of the transaction certificate is necessary to export (enter the link with the “NAQS import certificate document).
Mexico – there is a national organic regulation, the exporter (or the Mexican importer) shall be certified under the national organic standard.
Peru – Regulation No. 834/07 is recognised, but it is necessary to issue the transaction certificate to export.
Taiwan – Regulation No. 834/07 is recognised, but it is necessary to issue the transaction certificate to export.
USA – there is a National Organic Regulation (NOP), but there is also an equivalence agreement with EU.